Classic Car Sales, Restoration, Servicing and MOTs
Across our website you will see a range of classics we have for sale, as well as ones that are being restored to their former glory. A team of experienced mechanics give every car that enters our showroom the TLC it needs to prepare for its new home, both mechanical and superficial. Using rust prevention treatments, your piece of motoring nostalgia will stay looking in tiptop condition for years to come.
From buying your classic car to servicing and maintenance, you can bring your piece of motoring history back to us when it needs an *MOT, repair or service, in the knowledge that itís in safe hands.
So turn your boyhood dreams into a reality and take a look at what we have to offer!
*It is your responsibility to ensure that your classic is examined every 12 months. Without an MOT certificate, you will be unable to renew your road tax and your car may not be insured. Having a current MOT certificate is also a legal requirement.
MOT Nominated Testers are accredited by VOSA to assess your vehicle against specific safety criteria and to pass it as acceptable and safe, or not. The assessment is based on the condition of the vehicle on the day.
Autobarn are licensed under VOSA to carry out MOT tests on class 1,2,4 and 7 vehicles, meaning we can do motorbikes, cars and vans! We pride ourselves on conducting a fair test and always try to pass your vehicle first time. However, if it fails we will do all we can to ensure your classic will receive the servicing and repairs required to ensure it passes the second time.
There are some simple things you can do to improve the chances of your vehicle passing the MOT test. Here are a few checks you could do yourself:
- Make sure the washers are topped up and work properly
- Wiper blades clear the windscreen
- All doors open and close from the outside (front doors need to open from the inside too)
- Bonnet and boot opens and close securely
- Fuel cap seal and key to operate is available to the tester
- Check all lights including hazard (reversing lights are not part of the test) operate and are the correct colour
- Check operation of all seat belts (remove child seats if you would like all belts checking)
- All tyres are above 1.6mm in tread and no damage to side walls
Call us today to on: 01604 438383 or email us at: email@example.com to arrange an MOT test on your classic vehicle with a company who are truly passionate about all classics.